- Lead trial counsel for industry-leading medical software company in multi-week federal jury trial resulting in $19.5 million unanimous verdict against competitor.
Lead trial counsel in $1 million contract dispute resulting in successful bench trial verdict.
Co-trial counsel in connection with $3.5 million partnership dispute resulting in successful bench trial verdict.
- Representation of $50 million private equity fund in over 120 commercial loan workouts and foreclosures.
- Representation of $47 million judgment debtor against public company resulting in appellate win.
- Representation of LATAM Airlines against several travel agencies resulting in favorable settlements.
- Representation of investor in obtaining rare writ of mandamus against City of Miami Beach, Florida, affirmed on appeal.
- Representation of airline ownership group in $5 million fraud and conspiracy litigation against public company resulting in no liability for client.
- Representation of private equity lender against guarantors on $40 million Palm Beach real estate project.
- Representation of court-appointed receiver in connection with 400+ unit commercial condominium adjacent to convention center and hotel.
- Representation of purchaser of C-130 aircraft from the United Kingdom Ministry of Defense in United States District Court resulting in favorable settlement.
- Representation of art advisor in connection with a lawsuit by the purchaser of $1.3 million in art in New York Supreme Court resulting in dismissal of case and appellate affirmance.
- Representation of chapter 7 trustee in bankruptcy filed by one of the leading U.S. foliage plant wholesalers, and prosecution of over 100 adversary proceedings.
- Representation of chapter 7 trustee in bankruptcy filed by a public company.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- 2017 Florida Trend Legal Elite
- 2018 Florida Trend Legal Elite
- 2019 Florida Trend Legal Elite
2020 Florida Trend Legal Elite
2020 SuperLawyers – Business Litigation
- Speaker, American Bar Association Fall Leadership Summit, 2010
- Florida Bar Approved CLE presentation, “So You Got a Judgment, Now What?” 2012
- “Foreclosures: Rulings Favor Lender’s Stake” Daily Business Review, December 19, 2017
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Chairman | Coral Gables Museum
- Co-Founder | Fordham Law Alumni Association (Miami Chapter)
- Membership Committee and Leadership Team | BNI Coral Gables
- Former Board Member | Trustee Member | GEM member | Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce
- Former Nominating Committee Chair | Coral Gables Museum
- Former Committee Member | Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce Gov’t & Political Affairs Group
- Former Board Member, Ways to Work (United Way/Branches)
- Former Board Member | Abacus Worldwide
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law
- B.A., New York University
- Florida Bar
- New York Bar
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida (Bankruptcy)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Partner, Ehrenstein Charbonneau Calderin
- Zorrilla & Associates, P.C. (Attorney)
- Palm Resorts Group, LLC (Principal)