Agentis’ Litigation & Dispute Resolution Team is experienced in complex, high-stakes disputes—both in state and federal courts and in varied arbitrations. Team members possess a solid reputation and proven ability to address and resolve critical business needs, providing clients deliberative, aggressive, creative, and effective representation. In many cases, our litigators and trial lawyers are able to reach favorable out-of-court settlements with opposing counsel, saving our clients time and money.
Our focus on commercial disputes, touching key industries such as aviation, construction, housing, real estate, medical, leisure, and entertainment, includes counseling, litigation, arbitration, trials, and settlements. Among our successes include cases involving, breach of contract, fraud, negligence, trade secret theft, tortious interference, breach of fiduciary duties, copyright and trademark infringement, creative license disputes, and more.
Florida is home to over 2,000 aviation and aerospace companies. Our litigators have represented clients across the spectrum of this growing industry, from passenger aviation, de-commissioned military aviation sale disputes, defective aircraft parts litigation, and airline/travel agency litigation.
- Real Estate
Seasoned real estate industry-focused lawyers represent developers, private equity groups, REITs, title companies, hedge funds, lenders, and landlords in commercial foreclosures, workouts and restructuring, lender liability, partition actions, and virtually every type of dispute involving real property.
- Professional Malpractice
Professionals have heightened levels of duties to their clients; when these duties are breached, the damage to a business can be devastating. We represent professional companies and individuals damaged as the result of professional malpractice.
Construction litigation requires expertise in the contractual and legal issues that arise in connection with disputes between property owners, developers, design professionals, suppliers, material-men, inspectors, insurers, and others. Agentis has obtained successful results for clients across the real estate industry in complex construction disputes.
Our lawyers understand the unique challenges of professionals in the healthcare industry, thanks to our experience representing physicians and other healthcare professionals in disputes concerning owners, employment and compensation, contractual arrangements, non-compete covenants, and corporate, partnership, and joint venture agreements. We also represent healthcare providers in federal qui tam actions, including defense of Stark violations and claims under the False Claims Act. Agentis also routinely litigates and achieves favorable results for our clients in disputes arising from the acquisition and sale of healthcare practices and ambulatory surgery centers.
- Intellectual Property
We understand the extensive time, effort, and expense involved in creating a brand. Protecting that intellectual property is paramount to its owner. Agentis has successfully represented intellectual property owners in connection with a variety of critical trademark and copyright infringement matters, both near and far.
- Represented logistics supplier of overhauled aircraft engines in dispute with airline concerning non-payment for several 747 engines and counterclaims for breaches of warranty and fraud. Obtained entire $8 million due to the client, together with all attorney’s fees and costs.
- Represented supplier of overhauled commercial aviation landing gears in a dispute with a maintenance repair and overhaul facility concerning claims against the supplier for wrongful replevin. Our client prevailed when the court entered a rare judgment notwithstanding the verdict.
- Represented supplier of military equipment in a dispute with a foreign maintenance overhaul and repair facility concerning its refusal to timely deliver the equipment to a foreign government and the United States ally. The case was resolved by the issuance of an extraordinary mandatory injunction, compelling the foreign defendant to immediately relinquish the gear and deliver it to the foreign government.
- Represented a top-10 airline in a fraud dispute against several travel agencies, and obtained a favorable settlement at the early stage of the litigation.
- Represented U.S. based purchasers of military aircraft from the ministry of defense of a foreign government, obtaining a settlement in an amount far greater than the amount initially believed to be due.
- Co-represented joint venture participant in a dispute concerning complex valuation of ownership interest in urban assemblage.
- Represented court-appointed receiver in connection with a 400+ unit commercial condominium adjacent to a convention center and hotel.
- Represented private equity funds in distressed asset litigation throughout Florida.
- Represented a private equity lender against guarantors on $40 million real estate project.
- Represented a foreign investor in a real estate company defrauded by a local agent with lender’s complicity. The case settled when a local agent was convicted of criminal fraud based lender’s exposure for aiding and abetting.
- Represented a foreign hedge fund in litigation against local owners of real estate, arising from misappropriation of funds.
- Represented a court-appointed receiver in complex litigation against hotel and convention center owner.
- Represented chapter 7 trustee in securities litigation against a public company and its officers, directors, and counsel.
- Represented chapter 7 trustee in 140 adversary proceedings in connection with the bankruptcy of top U.S. decorative foliage company.
- Represented court-appointed receiver in connection with the bankruptcy of a residential real estate developer’s project.
- Represented trustee for the beneficiaries of life insurance policies sold by Mutual Benefits Co., involving $826 million in losses to investors.
- Represented a trustee in legal malpractice matter arising from breaches of professional duties of care contributing to the demise of a publicly traded company and over $60 million in damages.
- Represented a seller of interests in hotel development and operations in an action against his former counsel for negligence and breach of fiduciary duty in the negotiation and perpetration of purchase and sale documents.
- Represented investor litigation finance agreement in litigation against counsel for negligence, breach of fiduciary, fraud, and aiding and abetting fraud in the settlement of the underlying lawsuit.
- Represented FDIC as receiver for national financial institutions.
- Co-represented an expressway authority in litigation arising from the development and installation of an all-electronic tolling system.
- Represented a contractor on a public project against municipality and surety for wrongful termination of the construction contract.
- Represented a condominium association damaged by a windstorm in claims against architect and engineers for costs of rebuilding and replacing pipes bringing water to rooftop air conditioning chillers. The case settled when wind load analysis established building sway during the storm caused pipe damage (and likely could cause substantial additional damage).
- Represented a condominium association in action against engineers, contractors, and material suppliers for damage caused by water infiltration.
- Represented an owner of an ultra-high-end luxury home in disputes with the architect, general contractor, engineer, inspector, and material providers concerning flawed workmanship and materials which caused excessive water intrusion.
- Represented an investment fund in a complex series of interrelated lawsuits stemming from the purchase and sale of imaging centers, including negotiation and resolution of qui tam action.
- Represented a physician in the nullification of restrictive covenants and re-establishment of his ownership interest in an ambulatory surgery center business.
- Represented toxicology labs and treatment centers in partnership disputes and litigation against insurance providers.